Look of the day: Purple smoke
26 Thursday May 2016
I purchased the MUA Luxe Paradise shadow palette a few months back and have been playing with it to create a few different looks, alongside the Viseart Matte Darks palette.
Here’s the first of the looks I created.
1. Apply the Violet shade from Paradise palette (shade 9 if moving l-r) in the socket with a flat shader brush. Keep eyes open as you do this so it sits right in the crease.
2. Take a clean blending brush and lightly blend in small circular motions along the socket line.
3. Apply a dark blue/grey shade (I used row 3, shade 2 from the Viseart palette) over the lid, starting from the base of the lashes and softly working up to the socket. Starting at the base deposits more colour by the lashes.
4. Keep applying the grey/ blue until you get the desired intensity. Keep blending out as you go, and blend to the outer corner of the eye to give a soft, blended edge.
5. Blend the violet and blue/ grey at the socket with the blending brush used in step 2.
6. Take the first brush (from step 1) and dip the end into the violet shadow. Then run the shadow along the lower lash line and join up to the outer corner.
7. Add a touch of kohl along the upper lash line and add a coat of mascara and you’re done.
Face: EX1 Invisiwear foundation, Bobbi Brown Serum Colour Corrector undereyes, Smashbox Halo powder.
Lips: Clinique Nude Pop colour and base.