Look of the day: Emerald Eyes
16 Thursday Jun 2016
I haven’t experimented with greens in ages and have barely touched my Viseart Editorial Brights palette. So this morning I thought I’d change that.
1. Colour correct undereyes using a peach toned corrector by dabbing 2-3 dots under each eye and patting in with a concealer brush.
2. Take a few drops of foundation (I used Bourjois Air Mat foundation in 05 Beige Doré) and blend with a foundation brush. Add more coverage where you need it and keep buffing into skin for a natural finish.
3. Lightly dust skin with a fine powder (like Bourjois Healthy Balance in 56 Halé Clair) to set the foundation.
4. Dab your brush into the blush and lightly sweep across the top of the cheekbones.
5. Moving on to the eyes, use a coppery gold shade as a transition colour in the socket. Apply this with your eyes open so that you get right into the socket. Blend out with a clean blending brush.
6. With a clean, flat shading brush, take a mossy green shadow and apply in the outer corners of the eyes and run it under the lower lash line.
7. Blend the copper-gold and mossy green softly at the socket line using a small blending brush in circular motions.
8. Take a clean flat shader and apply a lime green in the inner third/ half of the lid. Then turn over the brush and apply a grassy green over the middle of the eye until it meets the mossy green at the outer corners.
9. Softly blend the greens to remove any harsh lines.
10. Add a coat or two of mascara (here I used Benefit Roller Lash) to finish the eyes.
11. With a strong eye keep the lips fresh and natural. I added a slick of nude lipstick by Clinique (Pop Lip Colour in Nude Pop) to finish off the look.