Look of the day: Berry crush
06 Monday Jun 2016
Here’s my second look using the MUA Luxe Paradise shadow palette.
1. Colour correct undereyes using a peach toned corrector (I used Bobbi Brown serum colour corrector in Dark Peach) by dabbing 2-3 dots under each eye and patting in with a concealer brush.
2. Take a few drops of foundation (I used Bourjois Air Mat foundation in 05 Beige Doré) and blend with a duo fibre foundation brush. I prefer a duo fibre with this foundation as it applies and blends at the same time. Add more coverage where you need it and keep buffing into skin for a natural finish.
3. Lightly dust skin with a fine powder (like Bourjois Healthy Balance in 56 Halé Clair) to set the foundation.
4. Dab a blusher brush into a powder blush and lightly sweep across the top of the cheekbones.
5. Moving on to the eyes, take a brown matte shadow (such as Viseart dark brown from the 04 Dark Mattes palette) and apply using a flat shadow brush into the crease. Do this with your eyes open so that you get right into the socket. Blend out with a clean blending brush.
6. With a clean, flat shading brush, take a red shimmer shadow (I used the red from the MUA Luxe Paradise shadow palette) and apply all over the lid.
7. Blend the brown and red softly at the socket line using a small blending brush in circular motions.
8. Take the first brush used in socket and add a little more brown to run along the lower lash line, taking it up to the outer corner.
9. Line the upper lash line with a creamy gel liner (like Clinique Brush On Cream Liner) and softly blend into the lash line with a soft pencil brush.
10. Add a coat or two of mascara (here I used Benefit Roller Lash) to finish the eyes.
11. With a berry eye it’s best to keep the lips fresh and natural. I added a slick of nude lipstick by Clinique (Pop Lip Colour in Nude Pop) to finish off the look.