Get the look: Tropical Tease
05 Monday Aug 2013
One of my favourite colourful holiday looks is my Tropic-inspired aqua/ fuchsia combo.
It’s a fun, colourful contoured look that works beautifully on tanned or naturally brown skin. Here’s a quick step by step guide to getting the look.
1. Base: Prep your face after cleansing using a good moisturiser and skin primer. I used Illamasqua Hydraveil as a moisturiser/ primer multi-tasker.
2. Contour & highlight: Take a cream concealer 3-4 shades lighter than your natural skintone and apply to forehead, bridge of nose and the upper cheekbones. Take a cream bronzer 3-4 shades lighter than your skintone and apply to temples, side of the nose (optional) and just below your cheekbones. I used Daniel Sandler cream concealer in shades 2 (highlight) and 8 (contour) for this look.
3. Blend: Apply a light coverage liquid foundation, like Bourjois Healthy Mix gel with a buffing brush and gently blend out the contour & highlighted areas. I used 2 separate buffing brushes, one to blend out contour, one to blend the highlight. I used a very dark contour shade and very light highlight shade, so using the same brush may darken the wrong areas due to transfer on the buffing brush. Once blended, lightly dust with translucent powder to set the face.
4. Eyes: Take a creamy kohl pencil in a teal green shade and roughly line top and bottom eyeline. Blend edges with a smudger brush. Urban Decay Glide-On liner in Covet or NYX Slide-On pencil in Tropical Green are both great for this.
5. Lips: Apply a pink lip liner all over the lips and apply a fuchsia lip colour over the top. I used a lip liner from NYX with Maybelline Color Sensational in Fuchsia Flash on top. Add a coat of mascara at this point and you’re done.
You can mix up the colours and try other tropical shades to give it your own spin. Have a go and let me know how it goes.
Thanks for reading xx