Get the look: Ponytail #1 – Twisted rope high ponytail
19 Wednesday Sep 2012
Autumn is here which means back to school or work (for the trainee chartered accountants who spent all summer in college). There’s nothing better than a sleek ponytail for a look that means business.
Read on for how to get the look.
1. Brush out all tangles. If your hair isn’t naturally poker straight, use a flat-iron to straighten hair all the way from root to tip. This look is a really sleek pony so smooth, straight hair is the starting point.
2. Pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with a non-slip snagless hair band. The Goody Stay Put bands are great for this.
3. Divide the ponytail in two equal sections.
4. Smooth a small amount of hair mousse on each section. This will help keep the twisted ropes looking sleek but also keeping them in place.
5. Twist each section tightly in the same direction (e.g. Clockwise) and hold the ends tightly.
6. Then wrap/ twist the two sections tightly around each other in the OPPOSITE direction to before (e.g. Anti-clockwise).
7. Once you’ve wrapped both sections around each other and reached the bottom of the hair, secure with a clear/ hair coloured snagless elastic band.
Here’s the finished look.
Try it and let me know how you get on!