EOTD: Gold Standard i-Lust by Sleek MakeUP
24 Saturday Dec 2016
This is a little palette I bought from Sleek MakeUP last November, which I then promptly forgot about, as it arrived in the week that I moved house. It was only recently when I was clearing out my makeup room that I discovered the unopened little black box from Sleek. When I opened it I was pretty stoked to see that I did indeed buy the limited edition Gold Standard i-Lust shadow palette. Happy days!
We’re now fully into party season, and lately I’ve been rocking a lot of gold smokey eye looks. My favourite eyeshadows for gold, shimmery smokey eyes are all from drugstore brands. This palette from Sleek MakeUP comprises 6 complimentary shades, 4 of which are powder (1,2, 4, 6) and 2 are creme (3, 5).
Shades L-R 1: Laurent, 2: Coco, 3: Margiela, 4: Vera, 5: Louis, 6: Vivienne
Here’s a step by step of one of my staple party looks using this palette.
- Using a synthetic eyeshadow brush take some of the Margiela (antique gold)creme shadow and apply all over the lid, up to the crease, blending well for an even base.
- Take a socket brush and apply Coco (warm rust) to the crease. Blend well with a clean socket brush.
- Apply Vera (Antique Gold) all over the lid and take it up to the crease.
- Take a smaller shadow brush and apply Laurent (shimmery deep berry) to the outer corners of the eye.Blend well so that the Laurent shade blends seamlessly into the Vera shade.
- Without adding any more product, take the small shadow brush you’ve just used and run it two-thirds of the length of the bottom lash. For a deeper intensity, apply a little more Laurent to the lower lashline.
- Run a little of Vera along the inner third of the lower lashline and blend into the Laurent shade.
- Line the upper lashline with a jet black gel liner (I used Illamasqua Infinity Gel Liner), and add a coat or two of mascara and you’re done.
Just beware that shimmery and sparkly shadows will have a lot of fall-out. These shades are no different and so definitely do your eyes first, and then your base, to avoid ruining your perfect base!
The whole eye look only takes about 5 minutes, so you can be party ready in about 10 minutes.